Façade Engineer (Expert Witness)
Wintech currently employs engineering consultants with strong expertise in façade design who are recommended for lead expert witness roles in construction/cladding related disputes. Due to continued growth, we are seeking to hire additional professionals with experience of expert witness work in arbitrations, adjudications, general claims and dispute advisory services.
Role and responsibilities:
- Provide and present document/project reviews in relation to matters as;
a. Professional negligence and defects.
b. Building Regulation compliance.
c. Defective design and/or construction relating to subcontracts or construction specialisms including concrete, steel, timber, glass, tensile and demountable structures, brickwork & blockwork, fire protection and separation, cladding, curtain walling, facades, finishes, glazing and material performance.
- Write independent reports and give expert opinion in connection with engineering and construction litigation and specialist expert advice to external clients.
- Lend support to colleagues with specialist advice within your field of specialism.
- Harnessing your already established network of legal and other contacts to generate work is highly desired.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Preferable to have expert witness experience and be a specialist in your expert witness field. Significant experience as an assistant lead on expert reports may also be considered.
- To be well regarded for the expert witness work they have performed and have provided expert analysis of the highest standard.
- Preferable to have a minimum of three years’ experience within this field.
- As the role requires writing high quality professional expert witness reports, including CPR 35 compliant reports and providing testimony when required, excellent command of the English language in both written and spoken modes is highly imperative.
- Focused/ analytical approach to working and strong work ethics.
- Passion for working in the construction disputes industry.
- Candidates should be a member of a relevant engineering or construction industry professional body.
- RICS Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors membership or fellowship is highly desired.
- Competitive salary dependent on role and technical ability
- Career development
- Fully funded training
- UK visa sponsorship
- Healthcare scheme (part-subsidised)
- On site gymnasium at our HQ
- Electric vehicle charging facility at our HQ
How To Apply:
Send your CV and salary expectations to email@example.com
“As a leading innovative façade consultancy practice that recognises the absolute value of its staff, you are the foundation of our practice and you will be treated as a fundamental asset, integral to the future success of the company”
Chris Macey, CEO