Reporting to the Managing Director, the role of Senior Building Services Electrical Design Engineer is to provide Electrical Engineering Consultancy services, manage projects and directly liaise with Clients and other interested parties to effectively meet Clients expectations and actively contribute to the Company’s continued success.
Salary: Competitive; including a relocation allowance if moving area
Location: Wolverhampton, London & Edinburgh
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE :
- 5 years' experience within a Consultancy or Contracting Organisation
- Extensive knowledge and experience of relevant British Standards, CIBSE Guidance and the IET Wiring Regulations.
- Attention to detail and the ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Ability to manage junior design staff and CAD resources and work without supervision.
- Focused/analytical approach to working and strong work ethics.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Design of projects with MEP values up to the value of £20M working on highly respected projects across sectors including Healthcare, Commercial, Industrial, Education, Hotels, Leisure, Manufacturing and Retail
- Design and Specification of all Electrical aspects of projects including Electrical Distribution, Small Power, Fire Alarm, Lighting, Security etc.
- Undertake electrical distribution and lighting calculations
- Represent the Compant at Client and Design Team Meetings
- Excellent Management of the electrical design process for assigned projects
KEY QUALIFICATIONS/MEMBERSHIP AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS :
- HND or Degree in Electrical/Building Services Engineering
- CIBSE Member or working towards membership
- 5 years' experience within either a Consultancy or Contracting Organisation
- Extensive knowledge and experience of relevent British Standards, CIBSE Guidance and the IET Wiring Regulations
- Knowledge and experience of Amtech and Relux or similar
- Competitive salary dependent on role and technical ability
- Career development
- UK visa sponsorship
- Healthcare scheme (part-subsidised)
- On site gymnasium at our HQ
- Electric vehicle charging facility at our HQ
HOW TO APPLY
Send your CV and salary expectations to email@example.com
“As a leading innovative façade consultancy practice that recognises the absolute value of its staff, you are the foundation of our practice and you will be treated as a fundamental asset, integral to the future success of the company”
Chris Macey, CEO