Sustainability Engineers take a lead role in delivering renewable and low-energy design projects in the built environment. The role demands an understanding of engineering and construction in relation to environmental compliance, environmental assessment methodologies and knowledge of the reuse, remanufacturing, recycling, and the effects of carbon emissions of construction materials. The role directly supports Wintech’s aim to help clients achieve Net Zero buildings by providing consulting services in Façade Engineering, M&E and Environmental Sustainability.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Providing strategic low-energy/renewable energy design advice
- Carrying out embodied carbon analysis of different façade typologies
- Providing advice on material choices based on embodied carbon analysis, as well as holistic performance requirements such as durability
- Liaising with key client stakeholders to develop their sustainability strategies
- Identifying sustainability risks and appropriate mitigation measures and highlighting any opportunities to increase the organisation’s sustainability credentials
- Conducting BREEAM pre-assessment and providing design advice
- Knowledge and experience of dynamic simulation software (such as IES) to undertake analyses
- Producing evidence requirements for BREAAM credits
- Undertaking a gap analysis report should the desired rating not be achievable
- Monitoring the design process to ensure that the scheme design objectives are being followed and the design meets the clients’ requirements
- Preparing low and zero-carbon technology feasibility studies and energy statements for local authority approval as part of planning applications
- Write bid and proposals on behalf of the company
- Principle Consultant for external sustainability services, supported by existing staff to deliver:
- Operational energy / carbon analysis i.e., SAP/SBEM.
- Whole building and façade embodied carbon analysis
- Life cycle analysis
- Net zero building analysis
- Building physics and thermal modelling analysis
- BREEAM, LEED and other sustainability compliance tool analysis
- Renewable energy consultancy
- Overheating and daylighting assessments
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- You will have a natural passion for sustainability in the built environment and will take a key role in developing the organisations environmental credentials, as well as the wider industry through collaborative work with industry bodies such as the CWCT.
- You will have direct experience of working within sustainability in the built environment
- You will be a natural communicator, able to create a client network for delivery of our Sustainability Consultancy services.
- You will be organised, driven, energetic and ambitious.
- Excellent communicator and presenter at all levels.
- Ability to analyse and make recommendations, alongside the capacity to drive through key business changes.
We recognise that candidates may not have all of the skills and knowledge noted above. However, Wintech are willing to provide additional support and training where required for the ideal candidate.
The ideal candidate would become a leader within the industry, working closely with clients and organisations, such as the CWCT, in moving the industry forward within the realms of sustainability.
- Competitive salary dependent on role and technical ability
- Career development
- Fully funded training
- UK visa sponsorship
- Healthcare scheme (part-subsidised)
- On site gymnasium at our HQ
- Electric vehicle charging facility at our HQ
Location: Wolverhampton & London
HOW TO APPLY
Send your CV and salary expectations to email@example.com
“As a leading innovative façade consultancy practice that recognises the absolute value of its staff, you are the foundation of our practice and you will be treated as a fundamental asset, integral to the future success of the company”
Chris Macey, CEO